Skip to main content

Shophandmadeuk Christmas Gift Guide 2019


Shophandmadeuk Christmas Gift Guide 2019

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Let's all aim to try and shop small this Christmas. Whether you purchase one gift from a small handmade business or all of your gifts this Christmas.

Shopping from small handmade businesses this Christmas ensures more than just the gift recipient will have a smile on their face. It also means the recipient will receive something hand made with love, time and passion and that the item will be a one off piece, as nothing handmade can be made identical to another like a mass production factory would.

Buy one of one, not one of a million!

Some people may think that handmade items are more expensive than those sold in large high street shops, but that is not always the case, and handmade items will always be made to a higher quality and standard due to the time, love and care put into them.

Here are a few businesses we think sell lovely handmade items perfect for gift-giving this festive season!


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆



First up we have: The Wire Nest

Hi I'm Tally and I run The Wire Nest. I started this business to allow me to stay at home with my children and to enjoy my favourite hobby, art. I create a range of wire art, from quotes, bedroom door signs and more. These are the perfect gift for any interior lover and they add the perfect finishing touch to a room. Have a look at my popular items or contact me for something bespoke.






☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Next up we have: Fair Bloom Jewellery

My name is Marianne and I am the founder of Fair Bloom. I design and create delicate Japanese glass seed bead jewellery to celebrate women. Fair Bloom is all about appreciating and affirming the women in our lives - for who they are and the many roles they play in so many people's lives. All of my jewellery is inspired either by women in my own life or a personal memory. I hope you enjoy reading the inspiration behind each piece of jewellery, and perhaps find yourself within it too. p.s. All UK orders are entitled to free shipping - perfect for Christmas shopping!





☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Next up we have: The Little White Moon

Hi, I'm Lindsay, creator of 'The Little White Moon'. A mum of to two little boys and a military wife to boot; it's safe to say that life is incredibly busy! 'The Little White Moon' was therefore started with the passion to start my own small business from home, which allows me to unleash my love for all things handmade, whilst giving me time to enjoy my young family.

The Little White Moon is the place to find beautiful handmade macramé creations made in the heart of Devon. I also create bespoke pieces, so please do not hesitate to drop me a message and I’ll be more than happy to make something original for you.






☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next we have: Whatwoodusayuk

I create with wood and also with fabric using unwanted offcuts and remnants to create beautiful handmade gifts and home decor.





☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next we have: Bluejay Made

Bluejay Made is run by Gilli Bluejay, a mother from Devon, who started out selling her hand embroidery. She has a love for fibre arts and is passionate about using vegan fibres in her work. Gilli now offers a range of handmade items in her Etsy shop including personalised hand embroidered hoops, woven wall hangings (which can be custom made) and fibre rainbows.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next up we have: Creaton Crafts

About me....My name is Lara, I'm a mum of two beautiful boys and we live in a small picturesque village. I went to college and studied Fashion design and Textiles gaining an OND and a HND. 

How I started.... nearly 6 years ago we had a wonderful life my husband had a great job and I was a stay at home mum. Then one day my husband went to work and had a serious back injury preventing him from working ever again. The money stopped coming in and we had a family to feed, so I decided to start up my own business making unusual and unique gifts from unwanted books to give them a new lease of life. It has been a real struggle to support us, but with sheer determination, lots of hard work and plenty of tears, we have seen our business grow. Today we are ranked in the top 1% of Etsy which I am so proud of.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next we have: handmadebyhollyuk

I'm Holly and I'm 22 and I make and sell handmade jewellery and accessories from my home in Brighton. I set up my Etsy shop back in November 2016. It was a difficult time in my life trying to juggle studying a Fashion design degree at University, losing a loved one and losing a friend, but I managed to complete my studies and also create something to distract me from the grief and stress at the time. I never thought I would get one sale, let alone over 800! Every sale means so much to me and I am so thankful I am still doing what I love to this day! My jewellery is fashionable and affordable and some pieces are slightly fun and quirky, but most importantly it's handmade...by me...Holly!




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next we have: The Amy Verse

I'm Amy from The Amyverse. The Amyverse is my universe of calligraphy, illustrations and wedding stationery. I sell greeting cards, prints and illustrations made from 100% recycled materials. I've got a few ranges of cards this year: boozy, anti-Christmas, funny, traditional and Brighton based. As a calligraphy addict I'm also selling personalised christmas decorations. Each bauble is hand lettered with the message of your choice. As a small business, I do as much as I can to reduce waste which is why all my paper products are made from eco friendly paper made from recycled materials. I love that waste can be turned into something beautiful. All my items are sold plastic free with recycled paper boxes or postal envelopes. 





☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Next up we have: Kazzy Designs

My names Kazia and I am a 22 year old Business graduate, currently based in Dorset.  My creativity and love for textiles, as well as my passion for ethical  fashion, began this venture. With the intent to promote sustainable fashion consumption, Kazzy Designs offers individually made jewellery and unique hair accessories, handmade from the recycling of materials. 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

And last, but by no means least, we have: The Next Thread

The Next Thread is a London based hand embroidery brand, founded by myself @riya.amin98. I founded The Next Thread earlier this year alongside studying for my degree, my aim is to grow a sustainable and affordable brand. 

I illustrate each design by hand and then embroidery each piece by hand. Using hand embroidery as opposed to a machine means my production process has a less negative environmental impact, which is something The Next Thread is very conscious about! Each design is created in very small quantities so there is far less material waste. I also design and embroider custom pieces on commission. 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So there we have it, our round up of some of the amazing small handmade businesses based in the UK that produce lovely items, perfect for gift-giving, or even keeping for yourself!

Please be sure to check out our Instagram to be kept up to date with any exciting events and upcoming blog post ideas. It's also a great place to find even more amazingly talented small handmade UK businesses!



Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

Shophandmadeuk
x

Comments

Help support this page