Skip to main content

Shophandmadeuk's Christmas Gift Guide 2020

 

Shophandmadeuk's Christmas Gift Guide 2020


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and well.

So much has changed for us all since the last Christmas Gift Guide I published last year. What a crazy year 2020 has been. I sure do hope next year is a better one for us all and hopefully everything will improve for us all soon.

Shopping small is so important, now more than ever. Let's support the individuals who make and sell their own handcrafted items... items made with blood, sweat, tears and a whole load of love. Let's help small businesses as much as we can because when you purchase from a small business an actual person does a happy dance! Ask any of us, it's true! I promise!

Buying from a small business has so many benefits, for you as the customer, for the gift recipient and for the business owner too! You will be receiving great customer service because every customer is fully appreciated and you will also receive a handmade item that is one of a kind and not mass made meaning it is as individual as you are! For the gift recipient, they will be receiving a handmade gift created just for them, gift wrapped and with a hand written note, the small touches mean so much when receiving a gift! And as for the small business owner you are purchasing from, you are helping their business to grow, helping them expand, maybe to be able to move into a retail premises, a bigger studio or to invest in new equipment or materials. You will also be helping them to support their families and provide for the ones dearest to them, all while giving them the ability to work for themselves, often from home.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This Christmas remember: Buy one of one, not one of one million!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Here is a selection of some small handmade businesses and their products that I think you will love and hopefully (fingers crossed) want to purchase! Whether for yourself or a gift, Christmas is a great time to spread love and joy to those who mean so much to us. Who's on your Christmas list? Or will you be treating yourself?

P.S. Any text in green is a link you can click on which will take you direct to the website or social media page!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


MaisyPlum:

I'm Jo and I run MaisyPlum where I create contemporary handmade enamel jewellery, all of which is designed for those who love a little colour! 








☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Crofts Crafts:


Crofts Crafts makes handmade greeting cards and gift tags for all occasions and has a selection of cute Christmas cards and tags available!  Mini (3.5" x 3.5") Christmas cards are available in five different festive designs starting at £1.50 each or in packs of 3, 5 or 10.  Ideal for keeping in touch this Christmas! Gift tags in a variety of designs start at 50p each and are also available in packs of up to 20 and make the perfect addition to your festive wrapping!








☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


VioletJJDesigns:



Personalised Pet Keyrings, Pins and Magnets made to look exactly like your beloved fur babies based on photos you send me of them!



Personalised Family Portrait Baubles, new this year, these are going to look great on your Christmas tree. 



Personalised Pet Embroidery Hoops, a unique gift to give for the pet lover in your life. These gorgeous hoops can be displayed in your homes and are a perfect keepsake of your pet.



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Sunset Stones Jewellery:


My name is Sumaya and I am a self taught wire wrap and silver smith jeweller. I absolutely love creating and do so with passion and so much enthusiasm! I have a wide range of handmade and unique jewellery available through my Etsy store. Expect unique rings, necklaces and earrings. Every item is made by me, I offer free UK shipping on all items. Here are a few new rings I have finished:



 Queensland Opal in Sterling Silver. The blue pools in the opal shine bright. This natural boulder opal has been hand cut, each one is unique and shaped with love and care. Handmade and ready to be loved 💙



A warm and sunny boulder opal in Sterling Silver. Colours of the rainbow shine through and bright in all lights. The magic in opals is mesmerising! Handmade and ready to be loved 💙



A magical opal set in a classic design using Sterling Silver. Lots of colour pop and sparkles. Handmade and ready to be loved 💙


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆



Noah & Nellie's Home Emporium:




Rainbow Name Cloud:
Cut from 4mm MDF wood these personalised rainbow clouds bring joy all year!  
Ranging from 13cm up to 30cm for a wide range of size and budget to suit everyone - nobody should NOT have a rainbow in their life! 



Custom ECO friendly Tags:
4mm thick Wooden MDF Keepsake tags.  Choose from: Nice List, A Name of your choice, Happy Birthday, Mummy, Daddy And painted to your colour choices to make them the perfect keepsake year after year (also great for book bags, nappy bags and as place settings) 



Set of 3 Silver tipped wooden snowflakes:
Gorgeous trio to add some seasonal magic.  Largest is 10cm going down to smallest at 6cm they look great together or solo, painted grey with shimmering smooth silver tips to catch the light which looks extra special when nestled amongst twinkling lights on a Christmas tree.


☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Erranim Artists:


Handmade resin bangles using pressed flowers, eco glitter and responsibly sourced pigments. Each piece we make is one of a kind and there are many other designs/colours available in our Etsy.
 

 
We make 2 types of clocks, beautiful Oak and colourful resin art. Each one is one of a kind and there are more designs in our Etsy shop.

Our fine silver jewellery is made from Metal Clay (recycled silver) and we use foliage from our garden to make beautiful imprints in the clay. The silver leaf jewellery is made from a real leaf!



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Megan Heloise Designs:


Hello, my name is Megan and I am the artist and maker from Megan Heloise Designs. In my shop you will find a range of homewares and gifts, such as art prints, candles & greeting cards, designed for those with a modern eclectic style. I design, make and package each piece with the environment in mind and strive to only use materials and processes that aren't damaging to our precious planet.



Personalised Portraits:
Surprise a loved one this Christmas by turning them into a work of art with a Personalised Portrait. Elegant flowing lines will capture the character of the people in the photograph you provide. The colour and size of the artwork can be completely customised to make it a truly unique gift.




Female Body Hand-Poured Soy Candles:
The female body candle oozes luxury without the price tag. It's eye catching shape, enticing aroma and high quality ingredients make it an unforgettable gift. Each candle is hand-poured using soy wax which is 100% natural, vegan friendly & biodegradable.



Art Prints:
Gifting art is a thoughtful, exciting and memorable present and while we are all spending more time at home than ever before we should surround ourselves with beauty. Our best-selling female form prints can be bought as a set of 3 to create an effortless gallery-style wall or pick your favourite piece from any set to buy individually. Best of all, you can customise the colours of these affordable art prints to suit any décor.



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Sarah Winslade Jewellery:


I’m Sarah and I’ve been making artisan jewellery from my home in Cornwall since 2009, using sterling silver, gemstones, pearls, and sea glass and pottery I find on my local beaches. Hearts, hoops and stars feature heavily in my designs, and many of my pieces are one offs or commissions. I like to think my designs are classy and elegant with an organic edgy-ness about them. I’ve supplied art galleries and sell over social media platforms, and more recently opened an Etsy store where I’m adding new designs all the time.



Unique sea glass and textured heart necklace. Handmade using sterling silver sheet and wire, and incorporating a genuine piece of Cornish sea glass.



Prehnite earrings. Faceted prehnite onion briolette's, wrapped in sterling silver wire.



Asymmetric star earrings. Hand formed stars using sterling wire, hammered and polished, with faceted labradorite and moonstone beads on one earring. Symmetrical earrings also available ;)



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


ResinbyRick:


Hi I’m Ricky and I created ResinbyRick as a hobby after being ill last year and I am now making pieces full time due to being made redundant in the current climate. I absolutely love making items for people and exploring the possibilities with resin, there is still so much more to learn. Having made several sales over the past few months I am really enjoying it and I love seeing all the amazing handmade products, makers and pages out there! Most of my pieces can be personalised in some way which makes for a gorgeous handmade gift for someone, or a treat for yourself!



Gold serving tray with resin waves. (heatproof)



Alcohol ink coasters – fully custom made ink coasters, colours can be chosen for a fully personalised coaster set.



Freestanding XMAS ornament/decoration. Colours can also be personalised.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Handmadebyhollyuk:

Hi, I'm Holly and I make and sell handmade jewellery, accessories, home décor and more recently this year I have started a new product range of digital art prints. All my items are handmade with love from my home in Brighton. My jewellery and accessories range is full of quirky pieces that are fun, exciting and more importantly, affordable. Each piece would make a great stocking filler, secret Santa present, gifts for friends and family members, or just a treat yourself! (I won't tell anyone!) All my jewellery and accessories come gift wrapped in tissue paper and an organza bag. There is also an option for gift wrapping in wrapping paper with a bow, for an additional cost. All my art prints are inspired by fashion imagery, so if you love fashion like me you can incorporate that into décor for your bedroom or living spaces. All my prints are printed on A4 100% recycled card and come in a biodegradable cello bag, these also come gift wrapped in tissue paper. With all my orders there is the option to include a gift message free of charge so you can send it straight to the recipient, perfect for times like this when we aren't able to see people perhaps as often as we would like. Please remember to shop small this Christmas, this year has really taken it's toll on us all and now we have to compete with the likes of Amazon this festive season, so we need you to shop small, shop local and to shop handmade instead of with the big global companies who don't get excited about every order like we do. 



Sterling silver and platinum plated cubic zirconia star drop earrings.
These are minimal and elegant and perfect for wearing all day, every day and for any occasion. 



'Lorna' printed fashion illustration.
Printed on A4 100% recycled card and comes in a biodegradable cello bag. 




Blue resin aurora borealis effect wire wrapped 18inch silver plated necklace.
This necklace is stunning, the iridescent aurora borealis effect means it catches the light beautifully. It is super light weight and looks great against a black or white top or dress!




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


MW Makes:



Personalised Leather Bookmark (£15)
A minimal design to keep your page, the perfect gift for any book lover.
Have it stamped with initials or a saying of your choice, making a special keepsake that can be treasured for years.
Dimensions: 20mm (w) x 175mm (h)





Personalised Leather Mouse Mat (£25)
A stylish leather mouse mat, available in six colours to upgrade your workspace.
Personalise with initials, names or motivational workplace sayings for a unique gift.
Dimensions: 175mm (w) x 225mm (h)





Personalised Leather Long Envelope (£35)
A variation of the classic envelope design, which can be used for carrying glasses/ sunglasses or as a pencil case.
Dimensions: 170mm (w) x 75mm (h)




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Neelam Jayna:

Hi, I'm Neelam and the owner of the handmade felt decoration business, Neelam Jayna. I started this little business on the side from my day job of being an Accountant. Whilst I love my work, I wanted to do something creative and become my own boss! When I launched my business, just over a year ago, I was focusing on making novelty Christmas decorations, including items like Avocados and Llamas. Since then, I've moved on to nursery garlands and keyrings! I love hearing how people use my items to decorate and love it even more when customers buy them as gifts. Here are a few of my favourite designs:



Avocado, Sloth and Aubergine - I love the idea of having non-traditional decorations on my tree, it shows character and can tell a lot about someone's' personality.  They're the perfect little addition to a Christmas gift whether it's for a gym-bunny who loves eating avocados or maybe a cheeky smiley aubergine for a secret Santa gift.




Christmas collection - Whilst my products are all about quirky and unique designs, I wanted to include some more "traditional" items and give them the Neelam Jayna twist. My personal favourite is the smiling Christmas Pudding. 




These garlands may not scream Christmas, but I love them as a gift. I have the pineapple garland hanging in my kitchen! You can choose how many items you want in each garland and if you want a certain length I am more than happy to accommodate.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Keypsakes Jewellery:



I am Keely owner of Keypsakes Jewellery - unique costume jewellery for free spirited hearts. Keypsakes began its journey several years ago when I started making Angel bracelets to sell at a Breast cancer fundraiser, my grandma had secondary Breast cancer and Mum and I wanted to raise awareness and hosted a Christmas party, from this event orders came rolling in and here I am today! My Gran was a remarkably strong lady and although she never went into remission she did live to 92, I was blessed to inherit her small costume jewellery collection which was very unique for its age and I like to think her taste in costume jewellery influence my pieces today. In my Etsy shop you can find a range of handmade jewellery using beautiful seed beads, crystals, vintage and handmade beads, I also stock a children’s and seasonal jewellery range, so you can pick up some seasonal accessories, stocking fillers as well as treat for yourself. As I am a beadaholic from time to time usually when the bead drawers refuse to close! I sell off small batches of hand blended bead soups – to naturally fund more beads! Enjoy looking through the Keypsakes collection and should you want something more specific drop me a message, from your ideas we can create something together that’s perfect.





Crystal Christmas tree earrings, sparkly handmade crystal tree earrings, 30mm drop on silver plated ear wires, arrive in a pretty organza bag.




Handmade beaded jewellery, lots of unique one off gifts to be found in my shop.




Cute Polymer Clay Santa necklace on silver plated chain, 3 choices of chain lengths.



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


True Light Co.:

All True Light Co. cards are handmade and eco-friendly. They're made from 100% recycled materials and have plastic-free packaging. There's also free delivery on all UK orders. 



 Set of 6 handmade mini Christmas cards, with gold leaf details and seasonal designs to remind us of the reason for the season. 



Set of 4 contemporary Christmas cards, handmade in black and gold for a more modern take on traditional festive colours. 



Handmade gift tags gilded with gold leaf and finished with jute twine string. Available in sets of 5 or 10. 



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


LittleBirdSinging:



Faux leather and Cork A6 Journals.  They're a great vegan alternative to leather journals and have 360 pages of lovely thick 100 gsm paper, great for sketching and memory keeping.




Faux Leather Reversible Travellers notebooks.  They're available in a rainbow of different colours and unlike any other notebook cover you can have a different colour on the inside and swap the elastics around, it's like two planners in one.




Notebook. All hand folded, hand stitched and hand cut, we have lots and lots of cover pattern options.  Used on their own or perfect as inserts for travellers notebooks they're available in any size up to A5 and have a choice of insides including dot grid which is perfect for bullet journaling. 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆



Oyster Catcher Creations:





A 4cm silver jingle Christmas bell with a hand stamped star name tag and little ‘Believe’ charm, on red snowflake ribbon to hang on your Christmas tree. £7.50 plus postage (£1.80)




Liberty of London fabric bracelet with a hammered star/heart/disc for a hand stamped initial or symbol. Fully adjustable with a sliding silver plated bead. Lots of fabric choices-£9.50 plus postage (£1.80)  Children’s size available on request. 





A hand stamped metal heart keyring with a little silver robin charm to remember loved ones this Christmas. You can add a little name tag for just £1.50. £9 plus postage (£1.80) 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Hot Dough Creations:




The clay figure can be personalised to look like the person you have in mind.




The clay figure can be personalised to look  like the person you have in mind. I can create a nurse, midwife, doctor, paramedic etc.


The clay figures can be personalised to look like  the couple you have in mind. 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Kecreates:




These two-sided ornaments are perfect for Christmas trees, car mirror charms, wall hangings and more. With the choice of hanger or no hanger, there is a wide range of colour options and the choice to select your own colour scheme!




I launched these Mini Collections as a way to make my art more accessible. Taking all the magic of my larger pieces, these miniature pieces in 15 cm hoops are perfect for gifting!




I adore the River Series of hoops! Each hoop features its own little stream protected by a tree or woodland. The foliage of the base of the hoops is so tactile, you'll want to touch it every time you pass!




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Walter and Nancy Jewellery:


Hi, I’m Rosie from Walter and Nancy and I hand make sterling silver jewellery. I started making around 5 years ago and have been making whenever I have a spare second ever since. You can find me @walterandnancyjewellery on Instagram and FB and also if you search for Walter and Nancy Jewellery on the NuMonday.com website. 





This is one of my best sellers and is handmade from sterling silver. It’s reassuringly chunky being made from approx. 1.8mm sheet silver. 




These tiny earrings are beautifully delicate and make a sparkly addition to any outfit.




Another of my best sellers made from sterling silver, on the right, or two sterling sterling rings and a 9ct gold one, on the left. 




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


MummyMinestrone:




“Smart sausage”
Hand painted onto fabric, then appliquéd onto vintage linen, these little guys are too cute. Finished off with embroidered flowers of your choice (a name can be added too)and then beautifully framed, these are a really special and personal gift. Other breeds are available...Please just enquire!




“The Robin in the garden”
For those that believe that a visit from a robin can mean a loved one is watching over them, this is the perfect gift. Hand painted onto fabric, appliquéd onto vintage linen, then finished off with flowers of your choice. Beautifully framed too! A really special, thoughtful gift.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


By Hayley:

Hi I'm Hayley! I started By Hayley in 2019, after discovering a love for creating handmade jewellery! Along with my sterling silver collection and personalised pieces, I also create custom made gift wrap, to make your handmade gifts even more special! I have a passion for personalisation and absolutely love creating custom made pieces for my lovely customers!
This Christmas, I'm sharing some of my favourites with you:




Beautifully presented in a ribbon wrapped gift box, our lovely little heart bracelet (in your choice of size) & our open loop heart necklace.




You can personalise with any name of your choice, whilst choose from a selection of charms and bracelet colour.




To give your gifts the perfect finishing touch!




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


Bumblebee Design Treasures:


Each item is handmade and designed by me in Cornwall. Hand cut and free motion embroidered. This gives each creation its own unique quirky ness! While they will look similar no two will ever be entirely the same.


Star bookmark.


Christmas pudding decoration.


Core magnet range.




☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


She Who Clays:



The Big Cow Print Arch – Statement Earrings:

These Earrings are made using Polymer Clay, and have Stainless Steel Stud Backs with Brass Detail in the Jump Ring.




Terrazzo Christmas Decorations:

These decs are great for your tree or to hang on spots like the fireplace! Made from Jesmonite. Choice of colours available!




Pastel Shell Trinket Trays:

These trays are perfect for your soaps, your bobby pins, your earrings!

They make the perfect gifts!



Instagram

Etsy Shop



☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆




So there we have it, our biggest ever Christmas Gift Guide, full of amazing small handmade businesses based in the UK that produce lovely items, perfect for gift-giving, or even keeping for yourself! Remember to shop small, support local and buy handmade, not only this Christmas but always.

Please be sure to check out our Instagram to keep up to date with any exciting events and upcoming blog post ideas. It's also a great place to find even more amazingly talented small handmade UK businesses!



Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

See you in the New Year!
(Let's hope 2021 is better than this one)


Shophandmadeuk
x





Comments

Help support this page